Post Op Instructions – Pola In Office Whitening
Post Op Instructions: Pola In-Office Tooth Whitening
- Do not smoke for 48 hours
- Avoid foods and beverages that stain (red sauce, blueberries, juice, coffee, tea, etc.)
- Mild sensitivity to hot or cold liquids may occur. This usually passes within 1 – 2 days. If sensitivity persists, we recommend taking over the counter pain medication. We recommend combining two Ibuprofens (such as Motrin) with two Acetaminophens (such as Tylenol).
- If you experience gum sensitivity do not brush the afflicted area while brushing your teeth.
- Immediate whitening results can be quite dramatic due to minor dehydration of your teeth. It is normal for the color to tone down somewhat after treatment when your teeth rehydrate to a natural white tone.
- Long term results vary from patient to patient. This can depend on the original shade of your teeth and include habits such as smoking or drinking colored beverages (red wine, coffee, tea, etc.)
- Touch-up treatments may be needed every 6-12 months to retain color. You are being sent home with take-home trays and Pola whitening gel to use as needed for touchups. More whitening gel can be purchased as needed.
- Existing fillings, crowns, bonding, etc. will not whiten. Therefore, these may need to be changed in order to match your new smile.
Instructions: Pola Take Home Trays
How to use your Pola take home trays:
- Brush and floss teeth.
- Take the syringe out of the kit. Remove the cap and insert a tip by twisting it securely onto the syringe.
- Place a small drop of gel into every compartment of the tray for all the teeth undergoing treatment.
- Place the tray into your mouth, over your teeth.
- Some of the gel may ooze out over the tray and onto your surrounding gums and tissue. Wipe away this excess gel with a tissue or dry soft brush.
- Wear the trays for 30 minutes, twice a day, unless otherwise instructed by our team.
- After treatment, remove tray. Rinse tray and mouth with lukewarm water.
- Brush teeth.
- Repeat steps 1-8 daily until all of the gel is used.
For effective results:
- Do not eat, drink or smoke during treatment.
- Do not smoke immediately after treatment – wait for at least two hours.
- Foods and drinks containing strong colors should be avoided for at least 48 hours after the treatment.
- Use gel at room temperature.
- Store in a cool place out of direct sunlight.
- Do not use gel after expiration date.
- To be used under the supervision of a dentist.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Not to be used by pregnant or lactating women or children under 14 years old.
- Patients with a history of chemical allergies are advised to carry out allergy testing by a specialist before using these products
- Discontinue use if any unusual sensitivity or reactions occur and call our office at (513) 245-2200.
- Do not inject Pola gel into the body.
- CAUTION: FEDERAL LAW RESTRICTS THIS DEVICE TO SALE BY OR ON THE ORDER OF A DENTIST.
- MSDS available at www.sdi.com.au.
*Whitening is not a once on a lifetime event – your results will fade over time. How long whitening lasts varies between each individual and depends on a number of factors, including: age, starting tooth shade, history of trauma to teeth, diet, oral hygiene, and smoking.
*We recommend maintaining your whitening results with a touch up syringe once every 6 months. Whitening is most effective after having your teeth professionally cleaned, and regular maintenance requires less work and less material.